Instructor: Mike York
Phone: 304-752-4687, Ext. 2214
Office Hours: 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. | 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The core academics of adult basic education programs include reading, mathematics, English, and computer skills. In addition, the skill set needed for career success by these adults is the same set of skills needed by high school and college graduates. These skills are the 21st Century Skills as outlined by the Partnership for 21st Century Skills.
- Learning and Thinking Skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Communication (written and oral)
- Creativity and innovation
- Contextual learning
- Information and media literacy
- Information and communications technology literacy
- Life Skills
- Personal productivity
- Personal responsibility
- People skills
- Social responsibility